Tuesday, November 15, 2011

140 Characters of Secrecy

Today, I wanted to write a really long tweet, but then I remember that that's a blog.

But anyway, yeah, I'm on twitter. And I have a confession to make about WHY I like twitter. I know very few people on it.

Twitter, among my group of friends and hometown, isn't largely popular. Facebook, however, is. I have 535 friends on facebook, and 35 twitter followers. I say things on twitter that I would never in a million-billion-gazillion years put on facebook. Why? Because there are several people on my facebook that can't take a joke. I don't talk about twitter a lot because I don't want a bunch of people to have access to the 140 characters of snark that I sometimes post whenever I'm grumpy. And because both this blog and twitter are safe places for me to say what I want, I do.

I would never put "Going to the doctor. What panties do I have that say 'I'm fun and young, but not a slut," on facebook. It talks about panties for goodness sakes! My mom doesn't even like when I say the word "procrasturbation" on here. Sometimes my twitter blows up into segments of 140 characters of snark that facebook is not a safe enough environment to post.

Twitter is my dirty, little, not-so-secret. I can't behave everywhere!

1 comment:

  1. Lol, this cracked me up Val. The funny thing is, is that Twitter is in a way more public than fb. Not really on Monroe be not many ppl in Monroe use it but globally it is. Since Twitter is not limit, by firendships and relationships like facebook is the Library of Congress is archiving it. This means that in a hundred years your panties will still be at the LoC where you grandkids' kids can see. As a librarian, I think its pretty neat that the LoC is keeping up with the way the world archives our day to day encounters.

    Here is an article about it. http://www.loc.gov/today/pr/2010/10-081.html

    btw, I enjoy your "long tweet" on blogspot.

    ReplyDelete