Friday, July 12, 2013

Best of: Things Your Kid Says

While I was teaching last year, my students said a LOT of funny stuff, and I managed to get it all written down, hoping to write this post. So allow me to share with you. The Top 20 Things Your Kid Says.

20. "How many years has it been since the A-Bomb was dropped on Hiroshima?" Your Kid: 3958 years
 
19. Your Kid: Miss Garcia, do you know how to do this? Your Other Kid: Breaking news, dude, she's smarter than you!
 
18. Me: What can we be prepared to do if 9/11 were to reoccur? Your Kid: Invent holograms so the plane goes right through.
 
17. Me: Someone name another thing that was invented in the 1920's. Your Kid: Catapults!
 
16. "I think WWII is like a guy fight, and the Cold War is like a girl fight. Just two countries not talking to each other."
 
15. "Miss, is this how you spell 'wedgie'?"
 
14. "Ms. Garcia, how come smart people like you always use calculators to solve math problems?"
 
13. "Ms. Garcia, were you alive during the Civil War Reconstruction?"
 
12. "Is George W. Bush still alive?"
 
11. Who was the Great Compromiser? "Dr. Phil"
 
10. "Did your dad fight in the Civil War?"
 
9. "What was Henry Clay's nickname?" Your Kid: "Kunta Kente"
 
8. Your Kid: "Are you pregnant?" Me: "No." Your Kid: "Are you just fat?" Me: "Yes, I'm just fat.
 
7. "Ms. Garcia, will you help me get this pencil lead out of this bear's butt?"
 
6. Counselor: "What do you do when a stranger is at the door?" Your Kid: "Hit them with a bat!"
 
5.  "Mrs. Garcia, are you mad? I just saw your nose flare up."
 
4.   Do you always have to say "Mon" after you say "Jamaica"?
 
3. Somebody, quick! Tell me a noun! Your Kid: YOLO!
 
2.  What COUNTRY does spaghetti come from? Your Kid: KROGER!
 
1. Where was the Mayflower Compact signed? Your Kid: At the bottom.
 
 
----------
 
Well, there you have it. The top 20 funniest things my students said this year. I'm going to miss them, but I hope they give their 6th grade teacher as much entertainment as they gave me.
 
See you next Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment