Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Here I am!

Still alive in Guatemala. My neck hurts for some odd reason, so I'm trying to find a comfortable position to sit in. So far, the only one I've come up with is resting my chin on the kitchen table with my arms out at the keyboard. Pitiful.

We have a week off this week from classes, because the munchkins are on vacation. So what are we doing in our spare time? As of now, nothing, but tomorrow we're going to start painting!!! Yaaay! Real physical activity! I thought it existed only in myth!

So lately, I have been a pretty grumpy character. Actually, not even a grumpy character, just a very overly-sensitive character. I can manage to keep on a pretty happy face when I'm around other people, but once I reach the privacy of mine and Katie's room, or the 3rd floor balcony, I come unglued.

"Why did this person say that? What did they mean by that? Why does this guy always pick on me? Why don't our plans always work out? Is this person mad at me? What did that person not answer my message?" The list goes on and on and on and on.. Strangers waiting up and down the Boulevard- just kidding.

Maybe I'm impatient. Maybe I'm easily angered. Maybe I take things a little too personally. Or maybe I take things a LOT too personally. But lately, I find myself asking God to "Please let that person see what a jerk they were to me." Yes, I know, I've actually said the word "jerk" to God.

And I really didn't know where I was even going with this blog. I was hoping it would just come out with a moral like it normally does. I was just typing because I haven't blogged in a while. I've vlogged a lot, which you should totally go see our videos because they're awesome. But no blogs. I don't know why. Maybe its because excitement is easier to express in a video than in text.

But some really cool things have happened. It hasn't been all bad. Last night, Katie and I got a chance to hang out with 2 awesome ladies at an Italian restaurant. And today, we're going to the mall. And we have a really awesome job, which is probably why we're not so good with having a break from it. And we have the best view this side of anywhere. And even if the power goes out, we can still cook, because we have a gas stove and matches. And the temperature is amazing. Even now, its only 75 degrees, whereas its 94 in Monroe.

So God is good. And I am not. God provides all, and I am not grateful enough. I am a poo-head. God has put us in a beautiful place with beautiful people and allowed us to help with His beautiful work. And all I can do is complain about my aching neck and being a little bored.

So what can I say? Business is great, people are terrific, life is wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. I do that too, I always read between the lines of what people did or did not say. It's a gift and a curse.

    I also think that people think the WORST of me. All the time. I think everybody pretty much hates me. When in all actuality they probably don't devote one little thought to me.

    It's all good girl. You sound like you've got a good grip on everything. So right on! Enjoy your break and make lotsa memories. :)

    ReplyDelete