Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bucket Lists

Do you have a bucket list? My roommate and I got in an argument about whether or not everyone has a bucket list. She doesn't. I do.

I like to think that anyone who saw the movie The Bucket List was so inspired by such an awesome movie (despite the fact that icky song "Say What You Need to Say" is in the soundtrack) to do a bucket list of their own. And for those who are unfamiliar with what a bucket list is (how is it, living under a rock? What do you do when it rains?), it is a list of the things you want to do before you die or "kick the bucket." Some of us got the idea to make a bucket list from the movie A Walk to Remember. And then there were some who got the idea from the 100th episode of Touched by an Angel (which is a truly amazing episode. I cry like a baby every time).

In preparation for this blog, I tried to find my bucket list. But I'm pretty sure I left it on the nightstand beside my bed at my parents' house. My parents once made the joke that I better keep adding to the list, but its pretty long. I know there are at least 50 things. And I'm pretty sure I added a 2nd page last year, but I digress.

A few things on my bucket list that I remember off the top of my head are:
1) Learn a different language
2) Bungee Jump
3) Skydive
4) Read the bible cover to cover
5) Go to Italy, Kenya, and Australia (these were all separate, but for the sake of space, have been combined)

Those are just a few things that I haven't done yet. Granted, learning the different language is coming along, and so is the reading the Bible thing, but the other ones I haven't done.

The reason that bucket lists have been on my mind today is because I really want to add something to it. And that is: Go to India. Hearing about missionaries there has really been amazing these past few days. And personally, as chicken as I am, I really want to go. So, I'm adding it to the Bucket List as soon as I get to my parents' house in a few days.

And with that said, I will not make this post as long as my first one. And because I enjoy feedback, I'm leaving you with a question:

What is on your bucket list? Or, if you had a bucket list, what would you want on it?

6 comments:

  1. My bucket list is in my wallet, so I have it with me at all times.
    Right now, there are 93 things on it, and I've only completed 11 in the three years that I've had it. I've still got a lot of living to do.

    Among the things I've completed:
    Go Geocaching
    Go Skinny Dipping
    Swim with Sharks
    Snorkel

    Among the things I haven't:
    Go Skydiving
    Take a Road Trip
    Graduate College
    Stop Being Afraid to Dream Big

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi valerie!
    I saw that movie too.. you know the 4 of us (my mom, dad , fernando and me) have ours too..
    I wrote the most interesting

    1) listen to the most beautifil and celestial concert ever.
    2) to watch all the 7 wonders of the Earth
    3) Skydiving
    4)Have the most nice,tasty,fancy and delicious meal ever.
    5)to see a meteor shower.
    6)visit Alaska, or the Artic, or any country with heavy snow.. hahhaa

    well there is more..
    Tu amiga de Guate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far, the three of us should definitely go skydiving. Seems to be a common factor in all of our bucket lists.

    Josh, I think road trip is on mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Go to Madagascar for chamleons and lemurs.

    2. Costa Rica to see the butterflies adn to help baby sea turtle make it ot the ocean

    3. Go to the Galapogoes to see what Darwin saw

    4.Finish the Enderverse Series

    5.Meet at least one of the follow (or have dinner with it would be better) Julie Andrews, Jane Goodall, Jeff Corwin, Orson Scott Card, or Lois Lowry (I already meet the Kratt Brothers when i was little, that used to be on my list as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome!!! I hear Costa Rica is amazing. And one of my friends is actually going into missions in Madagascar. I'm so jealous! I hope you get to do all those things. They sound incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister has always wanted to go to India!

    I don't have a bucket list...I'm in the process of convincing myself that it's ok to write one out, and not be disaappointed if it doesnt work out!

    ReplyDelete