Monday, May 23, 2011

Little Change of Pace

That's right everyone, its time for a little change.

Because we're waiting (waitiiiiiinng) waiting on the world to change. Well, not so much the world, but definitely what I normally do with these blog posts. It will be a "Serious Wednesday" a la Jon Acuff (google it). But its not quite Wednesday. And calling something a "Manic Monday" anything is just cliche and silly for something as usually fun and upbeat as this blog. Soooo.. I will just call it a:

"Deal-with-me-for-just-one-minute-and-I-promise-I-will-be-funny-again-soon" post. Now doesn't that roll off the tongue nicely?

You see, I haven't posted a blog in a few weeks. In fact, when I typed in blogspot, my computer (that remembers everything) didn't even fill in "blogspot" for me. And it should have. But why didn't it?

Because things have really sucked lately. Royally sucked.

Bypassing the medical issues that have gone on (don't worry, I'm fine) and some of the other things. I have been really sad. And when I say sad, I mean quite pathetic and emotional. Feeling inadequate and left-out only tips the iceberg of the crazy mess that I've made myself.  I find myself spending most of my daily life finding reasons to be upset. Because it can't really be me. It has to be something else. I'm tired. I'm hungry. I'm cold. That guy said something stupid. That person hurt my feelings. I got a bad grade on my final. I'm stressed.

No one wants to be funny when they're sad. Its hard to put on a game face when you just want to crawl under a rock. You need to look decent and presentable for public viewing.

To be honest, I have no idea where I am going with this entire blog post. I really didn't want it to be just a sad whine-fest before I hit "publish". I was just kind of hoping that God would inspire me to come up with a moral to this little story.

But see, I am already presentable for God's viewing. I don't have to put on a game face to be face-to-face with Jesus. I am going through this for a reason. And God may or may not have been testing me with it, but He will definitely get me through it. He gave me a wonderful Mom and boyfriend who have been worried about me this week. He gave me the ability to get up from the dirt. And he gave me His Son to die for my salvation.

That's a lot to ask for. But I didn't have to. Because God loves me now matter how crazy or upset or angry I can get.

That sounds like a pretty good moral to this story. I'll try not to be gone so long next time. And then I'll be funny again.

No comments:

Post a Comment