Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Past School Year

So its finals week, which means I should be studying obsessively. But I'm not... I'm slowly waiting for the tylenol to kick in and letting the sweat on my clothes dry. Its a hot May day in Louisiana, which means I get to get 2 outfits dirty per day. One for the morning, and one for the afternoon!

Yeah, letting you know my wardrobe schedule and my proper glandular function was not the purpose of this blog. This quick little post was about what has gone on this school year. Because while in May, it feels like the 2 semesters went by very quick, they seemed to take forever when it was February. So lets just see what all has happened since last fall.

Got back from 2nd Guatemala trip.
Talked about said trip for about... forever.
Chavo met my parents.
Parents loved the Chavo.
Got a job at Starbucks.
Worked obsessively.
Tried to take Chemistry.
Church drama.
Dropped Chemistry.
Took 2 night classes.
Got to know the Chavo.
Helped the Chavo with seminary stuff.
Took a spanish placement test and figured out I could graduate early.
Decided to go back to Guatemala for winter break.
Raised money obsessively.
Made good friends with my Life Group girlies.
Bugged my parents about Guatemala.
Begged Chavo to come to Guatemala with me.
Chavo saw his sister get married in Guatemala, and therefore HAD to be there while I was there.
Trip #3.
Saw El Zapotillo for the first time.
Heard real, live, monkeys in the wild for the first time.
Learned spanish (for the most part).
Changed my major.
Obsessed about Guatemala some more.
Quit Starbucks.
Got a job babysitting.
Drama.
18 hours of class a week.
Wrote 7 papers in one semester.
Chavo and I fought a lot, and then we made up.
Got to see Chavo in seminary twice!
Chavo came to the hometown a few times.
Chavo and I went to New Orleans.
Silly thyroid stuff happened.
Started the Insanity Workout program.
Quit the Insanity Workout program.
Did more biology homework.
Chavo went to New York City without me.
Wrote 3 major papers in a week.
And now... finals.

Wow, that's a lot for just 9 months. I feel productive now! What happened to you for the last 9 months? For real, I want to know! I promise I'll read the comments after finals are over... Maybe.

2 comments:

  1. wow, very nice!
    I want to start Insanity..but i do not have the funds. Even if i did, I'd probably quit shortly after anyway lol. What does Chavo mean?..other than another word for Gabriel lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dyed my hair purple
    Started taking Spanish
    ran through a lot of crushes
    Had a couple of nervous breakdowns
    Made some really good new friends
    Started leading my first lifegroup
    Saw Rocy Horror Picture Show live
    Went to Tennessee
    Started Powerlifting again
    Had a big crush that lasted a long time
    Family drama
    Mom got engaged
    Got a job
    Used my bad experience to help someone else
    Witnessed snow in Louisiana
    Played Loaded Questions with crazy people
    Freaked out about Spanish
    Took my first and only Geography
    Lost my cat
    Found my cat
    Lost at a million games of "never have I ever"
    Had fun at 2 dance parties sans alcohol
    Shared my testimony
    watched Tangled
    Painted a picture for my mom
    Tried rescuing a Man-of-War from death on the beach
    Drank at least a gallon of coffee
    Told a boy he gave me butterflies...in Spanish
    Played walmart games
    Said a million apologies
    Was a guest speaker in a class
    Got shot down
    broke my retainer...twice
    Learned the words to all the songs in Moulin Rouge
    Made my first B
    Dropped my first class
    Was rejected by said boy
    Cried for my mother for 4 days
    Witnessed the miracle healing of my mother
    Studied Geology
    Learned I'm an ENFJ
    Spent $200 on pies
    Funraised like crazy for myself and xa
    Had a few more nervous breakdowns
    Studied Geology some more
    Played disc golf for the first time
    Played volleyball (terribly)
    Learned how to be grateful for heartache for the first time...and actually mean it. :)

    ReplyDelete