Monday, October 17, 2011

A Happy Farewell

Yesterday, I got to spend some more time with the awesome Bekka (www.onerighteousbabe.blogspot.com). We had some good talk and it really got me thinking. We talked about difficult blog posts, briefly. And believe me, there's a thought-provoking, kinda offensive, whirlwind one coming up in days to come. But this is not the one.

Today, I am bidding farewell. Not to this blog, or you, or school, or whatever.

Before mine and Chavo's semi-serious relationship took a hard turn into serious, there was something that I really wanted to do. Something that not many people liked: like my parents, or grandparents, or generally people who cared for my safety.

I wanted to go on the World Race (www.theworldrace.org). I wanted to do missions all over the planet for 11 months, plus training and debrief, so a year. I wanted to go so bad that my stomach would hurt. Admittedly, some of my reasons weren't the best (I mean, its really freaking cool, you'd think the same thing, so sue me). But I wanted to do missions all over the world, and this seemed like the best way to do it.

And as I write this post in my journal in the middle of service (oh, get over it, I'm paying attention), my heart kind of aches...

I am bidding farewell to the World Race. I am laying down my plan because of the one thing that could and would stop me:

God's plan is different... and better.

I am closing that door because to keep it open would be to ignore God telling me that "This isn't it. I have a better idea. Trust me".

I am not saying goodbye to missions. I will do missions, be it Malaysia, Mexico, or Monroe, Louisiana, but I will do missions. As Chavo and I met because of missions, together, we see it being a very important part of our lives.

So, Chavo and I will be continuing with missions as a married couple, but that means I must give up the World Race now. Therefore, I say farewell and look on to a happy horizon.


-----------
Soon to come is going to be huge. Its going to make you think, and it may even offend a few people. So get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment